This is a site that can help you with your R4 problem!
DS fans who have heard of the R4 must have had a strong desire for it. I myself am an owner of an R4, and I know that the first few minutes of using it can be hard, especially putting games into it. There aren’t that man complications to the R4, it’s just that sometimes, the R4 doesn’t come with detailed pamphlet explaining how to put games into the R4, and this article will help with that.
Micro SD Card (Comes with R4)
USB for SD Card (Comes with R4)
Computer or Laptop with USB ports
A program that can read .rar files. Click here to take you to WinRar download.
1. Your R4 should have come with a USB with a little slot at the end of it. You must insert your Micro SD card into the little slot.
2. Connect the USB into your computer or laptop and open the contents of the USB. (You can go to Computer, then double click on the icon of the USB.)
3. Go to the internet and find a website that has NDS roms you can download. You can go to Google and type in “NDS Roms” or “Nintendo DS Roms” and you should get some good websites. I usually use Romulation, which has many NDS roms for your R4.
Alert!:You need to have Winrar installed on your computer, or else you cannot use the games you download!Go to the top of the page and click on the link that takes you to Winrar download page!
4. If you go to Romulation, then go to “Downloads” and then click on “Nintendo DS”. I recommend signing up, as guests can only download limited games, and it’s free registration!
5. In the search box, (It should be somewhere in the top right corner) type in the game you want.
6. Click on the one you want from the results and click on the yellow “Download” tab. Then, click on either US Server 1 or 2, it doesn’t matter. I recommend saving on the desktop.
7. After the download is complete, the file should look like a pile of books. If it doesn’t, then you haven’t downloaded Winrar. Right click on the file and select “Extract files Here”. A window should pop up and you can press enter. The extraction will start and a folder will appear on your desktop.
8. Go back to the window with your USB stuff and make a folder called “Games”.
9. Open the folder on the desktop and you should find the NDS file inside. Copy the icon and paste it into the “Games” Folder you made.
10. Take out your USB and you can now delete all of the stuff you downloaded, put the Micro SD card back in the R4 chip and play it on your DS! Enjoy!